Jeff and I have been dating for almost 8 years now, We met each other at a mutual friends birthday party in October 2002. We talked a lot at the party but never did we exchange numbers. I remember telling my friends and mom about Jeff the very next day and set a goal that I would contact the friends wife by the end of the week to inquire more about Jeff and hope to score his phone number. Little did I know he was thinking the same. My brother called me on Tuesday night and told me that the mutual friend of ours was just bugging him to get my number to give to Jeff. Sure enough that night he called me. I do not really remember our first conversation but we made plans to see each other that Thursday night. Jeff told me that he was playing pool Thursday night, it should not be a late night and he would call me when it was over. Funny thing is (which I found out later), was that Jeff went to pool that night and asked if he could play first so he could leave early. How sweet was that. The nice thing was that Jeff and I lived 2 blocks away from each other. I remember walking down to his house that evening. I brought over a movie to watch that night and we ended up talking thru the entire movie. We made plans to meet up again that Sunday night. That night we went to a movie (Red Dragon w/one of my favorite actors Edward Norton) and held hands during the entire movie. We then ended up at Lunds (a local grocery store) and Jeff asked what was my favorite. I of course said Italian (not one of his favorites come to find out later on) and he picked up all the ingredients and we went back to his place and he prepared a fabulous meal. I must say I was hooked. I was not letting him go anywhere.
Jeff is a wonderful guy (of course I am biased though). He is a strong individual with a big heart. I know he would do absolutely anything for me. We are the best of friends. We know how to make one another smile, we can laugh together and communicate well with one another. Jeff and I have done a lot and been though a lot with one another over these past years. I can not imagine my life without him. Thanks for being the one, babe!!



No comments:
Post a Comment