Sunday, July 11, 2010

24 weeks...

Here I am at 24 weeks pregnant...

Side view...


So far I can not complain. I feel great and was fortunate to not have any morning sickness. I hear that if I made it this far I should be in the clear. (Hopefully I am not jinxing myself by writing this). I must say I was very tired in the beginning and now have gotten a little bit of my energy back. Now my poor feet tend to swell pretty bad and hurt during the evening so i am pretty much planted either on the couch or in bed with my feet up. Other than that I am doing great! Of course I have a million and one things on my mind. I'll blog about that later.

Here is what a website that I frequent (and book of theirs that I read) has to say about our growing baby at 24 weeks...
Your baby is about eight and a half inches long and weighs one and a half pounds, gaining steadily at a rate of six ounces per week. Much of that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Those little ears of his are getting sharper and can hear very loud sounds, from a yapping dog to a jackhammer. Also by now, that fabulous face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. Is your baby a brunette, a blonde, or a redhead? Actually, right now his locks are white since there's no pigment yet.


Here I was at 12 weeks (just to give you a comparison).

No comments:

Post a Comment