Caswell and I recently joined an ECFE class w/the Bloomington/Richfield school district. I heard about their Parent Advisory Council so attended their 1st meeting of the school year. It is a great group. I plan on joining and helping out as much as I can. They were requesting volunteers to be in the Heritage Days Parade coming up. ECFE was working with the transportation department and said we could ride on the school bus during the parade. Caswell has been asking to ride a bus for a while now. When I told him we were going to go to school for a night every week he asked if he got to ride a bus to school. He was bummed I told him he gets to ride with mama. Of course the first night we pull up to school, there is a big bus in the parking lot and Caswell asked if that was there for him. So of course I jumped at the opportunity to be in the parade and ride on the big yellow school bus.
A little more about ECFE - Caswell's friend Axel has been going to an ECFE class with his mom since he was really little. Kara has always talked really highly about the program and how much Axel likes it. Since preschool is around the corner, I thought it would be a good idea for Caswell to get involved in something like this. We go Monday nights to a Parent and Child class. It is for a couple hours in the evening. The nights usually start out playing outside in the park, then we go inside and the kids stay down in the classroom with the teachers and aides and the parents go to another room. The kids get to have some structure play and snack. It is super cute when we get back the kids are all sitting down around the little classroom tables eating snack. Caswell always shouts out "Hi Mama" when I get back in the room. The first night I was not sure how it was going to go when I told him I was going away for a little while and he turned to me and said "Bye Mama". Of course it made me a little sad but was happy he was OK with it. I am so darn proud him. The parents talk about all different topics and of course get snack too. After we join the kids again we typically have circle time (welcome song and singing) and then complete an activity they have planned for us. Caswell has colored some pictures, made a ladybug and decorated an apple. I will need to take pics of them to capture them. After our activity we all go down to the muscle room (aka partially padded room so the kids can run and play, jump, slide and climb) and then it is time to go home. We have been 3 nights so far and LOVE it.
Here is Caswell waiting for the school bus to get here.
It was fun to see the line up of all the parade floats.
The other kids parents were off the bus and the kids were waving and yelling hi to them so Caswell told me I had to get off the bus (assuming so he could do the same). I snapped a few pics of one of the only times he will be able to hang out of a buses window.


No comments:
Post a Comment