Monday, November 11, 2013
Vegas Baby - a trip that was way overdue
Jeff and I got away together, just the two of us, for a quick weekend to Las Vegas. It happened to be just as the weather here was getting pretty cold. We soaked up the 75 degree weather everyday we were there. Nana and Bumpa agreed to watch Caswell while we were gone. I am not sure who had more fun. It was nice. They had something special planned for him everyday to do. Jeff and I had wonderful time. It had been over 5 years since the 2 of us have gotten away. Never again are we waiting that long. We did some sight seeing. I love seeing what the Bellagio has displayed in their conservatory. It was still decorated for fall and was pretty amazing. We walked passed a chocolate store that had a life size Grinch made from chocolate and a beautiful chocolate fountain. We had pretty good while we were there and did some shopping of course. We went and saw Zumanity, which was fabulous and after that we went to a movie (Bad Grandpa). Another night we saw, Michael Jackson, a live tribute. We stayed up way too late but most of all enjoyed those few days just the two of us. The best part is Jeff and I are not big gamblers at all. We try and a play a little but end up losing it. On our way to the movie theatre we stopped at Nathan's to pick up some hot dogs for a quick snack. As I was ordering our food, I looked down and out of the corner of my eye I see a $100 bill crimped up lying next to Jeff's foot. I nudged Jeff and said pretty softly but fast, "Jeff, left foot, pick it up and put it in your pocket". He asked me a few times did that really just happen? and he wanted to take it out and look at it and I said not here, not now. Now I have to admit I felt a little sorry at first but there was no one else around except for another couple that had just ordered. I thought for a second we could ask if they dropped it but then again yeah of course they could have all of sudden dropped it. I then thought it you can afford to crumple up a $100 bill in your pocket like that, you can probably then afford to lose it. Vegas is always fun as it is always changing. It is just an easy place to visit for a quick weekend away and you are guaranteed to have lots of fun. Thanks Babe for a wonderful time. Now lets not wait another 5+ years to go do that again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment