I saw in the Pioneer Press while waiting to get dinner one night that National Train Day was coming up and they were having some festivities at the new Depot in St. Paul. Jeff and I are always up to exploring new things so we went over there. They said they were giving free train rides. I was thinking it would be on an Amtrak or something. Just wait until you see what our free train ride was. They had all sorts of entertainment a few give aways. Caswell loved going down the big inflatable slide. We also got to listen to Choo Choo Bob. They had free treats (cookies) and Amtrak was giving away wooden train whistles, hats and playing cards.
Here Jeff and Caswell are waiting for the train ride.
So this is not the best picture and I did not get one of the whole train but it was so funny. It was a few homemade train cars being pulled by a trailer. The even funnier part is the wheels were pretty much flat. I choose to forgo the free train ride. I can't imagine how comfortable it was. Caswell had fun and that's what matters most.



We saw this bus while we were waiting for train ride and thought it would be cool to check it out. They were giving free rides around town so we hoped on having no clue where we were going. We ended up at the St.Paul Jackson Street Roundhouse. Before we knew it we pulled up and the driver said he would be back in an hour. Jeff and I looked at each other and said hey what the heck let's check it out. As we were getting off the driver handed us a card which I did not look at until we got back on the train later. (HAHA - it was a coupon for reduced admission to the Roundhouse - well I guess when you forgo the line and just start looking around you end up with a real good reduced rate - whoops!)
We were about to walk out and check to see if our bus was there and we heard over the loud speaker that their train was leaving in a few minutes. We ran out back and boarded a real train.
We got a real train ride this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment