Thursday, December 23, 2010

2 months old

Grandma and I brought Caswell to his 2 month check up this past Monday. He has grown almost 4 inches.
Current Height: 24 3/4 inches
Current Weight: 15.3 lbs
Thank goodness grandma was with us. Poor guy had to get 3 shots. For those of you that don't know, this mama does not like needles what so ever. Even talking about them makes me queasy. That's right... I have not written about or given details about his birth day yet.
I passed out when they gave me an IV that day. That's the first time Jeff has seen me have an "episode". It is pretty scary I guess but it all happens so fast and before you know it I am alright.
So why am I telling you this?? Well when the nurse walked in with that big tray of needles, (Ok the tray was pretty small) I had to sit down. Grandma had to comfort Caswell while he got his shots. He was a trooper.
He did not cry until the 3rd one which the nurse said was a painful one.
This mama also did her fair share of crying too. It is really hard to see or hear your baby hurt.
I knew before I had Caswell that I would not be able to watch him get his shots. I can't lie to him and say it will be ok as I may be the one needing medical attention and not him.

These last 2 months have been wonderful. He changes everyday. I love his great big smiles and what I call his "daddy face", which is a pretty serious one. He loves to move his arms all around, kick his feet up in the air and stretch. He is starting to make cute little coo's and talk to us. He loves to look around the room he is in and take it all in. Grandma says he is just like me when he does that. He loves looking at lights and listening to daddy's music too.

He amazes me everyday! I can not believe how much our lives have changed but only for the better. He has my heart and I think a lot of other peoples too. Caswell- mama loves you!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment